• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple parts needed

Armada

Hey guys, anybody have a non-working, junk, 60 amp alternator for a duece? Mine is a Sielmans, I believe. I just need the front of the body. I broke the tab off of it while tightening up the belts. It broke through the heli-coil. It is a cast material, and it had air pockets in it where the break originated. Mine is only a couple years old so there is no need to buy a new one, so I'm hoping I can just swap the front housing.
I'm also looking for a windshield washer fluid reservoir. Mine is all cracked up and has leaked for a long time. I've tried repairing the cracks but new ones form.
Thanks!
Paul

TedG

Paul,

A company here in Lansing does spray welding for cast metal and they are reasonable. If you strike out on a junker unit let me know and I will send you their phone number. I had them spray weld the front bearing retaining assembly on rig of mine and it is still holding!

Regards,

Armada

There are 3 versions
That figures. I can pull some numbers off of it Mark, but a photo will take awhile..... 35mm film, developed, create disk. I think I'm the last one without a digital camera.

A company here in Lansing does spray welding for cast metal and they are reasonable.
Spray welding? No kidding. Never heard of that. It would be great if they could do it without having to disassemble the whole thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks