• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cowl Weather Stripping?

m816

What do you mean by cowel weather stripping? As far as I know there is a strip between the Hard top and the windshield frame and another strip between the bottom of the windshield where it hinges but that is all that I am aware of. The seam at the end of the cowel and the windshield frame is welded with a flange on the inside. Any leaks there are caused by rust. I Would go to a hvac supplier and buy foam strips in a roll. It has adhesive on one side and makes a water tight seal. Lasts a long time and is superior to solid rubber as far as I can see. It also comes in several widths. Hope this helps. I recently cut out the rusty portion from my five tom cowel and replaced it with new steel. I'm satisfied with the results No leaks.

butch atkins

ORD 9-G-749 pg 470 part # YT-2281306,ANTI-SQUEAK,cotton,3/16 thk.1" wide 75" 1/4lg.(cowl hood ledge). This is straight from the ORD-9 manual,also same matl is used where the cowl bolts to the front of the door frames ,it is 131 3/4 long, part # 2281260. Hope this helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks