• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crane operation on 816

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well I have typed my fingers to the bone trying to find the instructions for engaging and operating the boom on the 816 Wrecker. Search does not like me.
If someone can point me to the right spot I would appreciated it.
The guy that bought it has the rebuilt engine installed and needs to know how to operate it without causing major damage......I think I remember all the steps but I want to be able to give him a printed page to work from.
Thanks,

Nonotagain

TM 9-2320-260-10 covers the 5 ton 800 series truck. The quick glance that I gave of it showed operation of the controls starting on page 59.

Logsa has all of the 800 series TM's available for downloading.

Crash_AF

Ensure rear controls are in disengaged position
Start engine
Engage clutch
Shift transfer to N
Shift transmission to 4
Engage power divider
Release clutch
Go to rear controls
Engage clutch with remote lever
Engage crane drive
Ensure rear winch is not engaged
Release clutch
Use hand throttle as needed. If properly functioning, the system has a governor. Ensure the new engine has the proper fuel pump with governor installed

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks