• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crooked Tire

Josh

My front passenger tire definatly has something wrong with it. Since I dont have a digital camera that is good enough to take a picture of it in contrast to the other tire, I drew a makeshift diagram.

It tilts out at the top, and been like this for some time, it appears to ride on the outside of the tire, vs the center, Wondering what may cause this. THe hubs never heat up, so I dont think its a bearing issue. but I've been wrong before.

Attachments

glcaines

It sounds to me like you have something coming apart. You should park the truck immediately and find out what is going on. I saw the remains of a 5-ton in Germany that lost a wheel when the axle assembly came apart and the truck slid into a concrete abutment, at fairly high speed, judging from the damage. The truck was totaled and the driver nearly so. Find out what is going on and have it fixed!

dmetalmiki

crooked

(just the) tire? your drawing suggests the (whole) wheel is out on camber angle. as if the truck had sideswiped a kerb rock or obstacle at some point. you could have a tire or allignment shop check that angle for you. or you could do it with a long bar with two parralell pointers. (checking the bottom measurement and compare it to the top measurement. I am curiouse to see what other members suggest...I once saw a 5 ton rear axle bent on the outside hardly anything..but giving a heck of a runout at the tire extremity. if the wheel and tire run "true" (no wobble shimmy or tramp) then I would say you have a bent axle case. or hub. my 1c worth..

Josh

Its the whole rim/tire. It has no wobble that I can detect, and Its been like this for a while. Last time I took the tire off, i tried to see if anything was loose or broken. Was thinking of pulling the hub off, but its been like this since I got the truck, Just never got around to it.

ICFDeuce

Same thing happened to the passenger side on my M35A2C turned out the bearing went bad outer bearing was almost gone causing the wheel to sit cocked like in the pic you provided. When i jacked my truck up the wheel fell off there was not enough bearing to hold it to the spindle and the inner part of the bearing was overheated and welded itself to the spindle. Jack up the bad side of the truck and give it a shake down for play see what you find. If this is your problem PM me an i can tell you how to do it its a simple job you can do yourself.

Heavysteven

Josh something is wrong. Find the step by step direction for the front axle seal repair. Either your king pins are worn out, bearings, or axle is bent. You can replace the boot and seal on one side in 4 hours and that's slow.

Seriously though the picture you posted make me concerned about that wheel.

Josh

When I got my truck, He threw in all the inner and outer axle seals, and things. Ill have to take some picture of what I got and see what else I need to do this.

Btw Hammer, When can I book your services :beer: