• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series to the deuce

Trango

The subject line pretty much says it all:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=119413

This is my primary forum, and I can easily upload pics on that site.

Anyway, these look pretty smart - I have the side markers on the lower rail of the bed, mounted with some coated body screws just fore of the midpoint (where there is a welded gusset), and the main turn signals are mounted with a scrap of angle iron to the same horizontal holes where the old style turn signals were.

Jakob

RE: Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series to the de

Cool thread, I was thinking about how to get LED lights to work on my Deuce. I'm a paying member over at CK5 as well.

Trango

RE: Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series to the de

Interesting - I was very concerned with over-driving these. When I checked the lights by delivering 19v of power to each one, they were very much brighter than they were in series, which (in my limited experience with LED componentry) warned me that they were perhaps being overdriven.

Jakob

Re: RE: Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series to th

m-35tom said:
most led lights work up to 36 volts as is..........
I'll probably go ahead and convert mine over then. I'm going to keep the original housings, but I'd like to have the LED lights for long drives. Not that the truck itself isn't big enough, I want other folks to see when my brakes or turn signals are on.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series t

I have run stop/tail/turn leds on my M725 for about 2.5 years now. No worrys.

Trango

RE: Re: RE: Crosspost: Added 12v LED turn lights in series t

Gimpy, are you running 12v-rated LED lights, or 24v-rated lights?

Thanks
Bob