• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIC Tire Inflation

captcarc

I'm a newbie with an M35A3. The CTIC display is funtional so I optimistically believe the system to work but haven't messed with it. Is there a test sequence I can run it through? Can someone explain its operation or is there a manual? Also, one tire loses pressure over time. Can the CTIS inflate one low tire? Can the system equalize pressure to all tires? Thanks!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes to most of those questions , and I will tell you to Read and download the TM's on your A3 that are on this site and do a search ,a lot has been written on this subject . They will explain the operation of the CTIS system and your vehicle in general . The CTIS system was a stupid system engineered by MORONS . When it works it's great , but it does require lots of maintenance to the air system/wheel O rings , quad seals , etc ,etc . The leak in your tire is probably a wheel rim/air valve o ring . The system is supposed to bring all the tires up to equal pressure , problem is that there is a LOT of places to cause problems , some simple , some NOT . The system was designed so that the tires could be aired up or down from the cab control panel . BTW , I removed my CTIS system and went to the A2 bearings and seals , MUCH BETTER , and for YOUR safety , please read the operators TM and perform your PRE TRIP inspections before your next trip . I would recommend you PM service your A3 , it will help you understand the systems and help prevent problems on the road . BTW , I have some used air valves and other parts if you need them . GOOD LUCK !! and welcome to the site , Bob k100_0646.jpgbob truck 002.jpg