• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS wheel covers (CTIS Armor) - CAGE code?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone that has the factory CTIS wheel covers that protect the CTIS valve and hose assemblies - can you tell me if the CAGE code stamped on them is 19207 or something else?

I'm looking for any past manufacturers of NSN# 2540-01-489-5928

Unfortunately they are listed with CAGE code of 19207 which is not an actual manufacturer but rather US TACOM. This indicates the plans for the part are owned by the US government and can be issued to manufacturers that bid on and win procurement contracts for that particular part but doesn't help us with who the actual manufacturer may be.....

I would like to approach any past manufacturers for a group buy.

CTIS wheel cover.jpg

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. I've tried to contact BAE TVS and had no luck contacting any real persons. If anyone knows any actual people there please send me their contact info. Their contact form is ignored and their phone number says it's voicemail isn't setup and hangs up on you. Nice.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will Stodward from Titan (515-710-3672), gave me a number to BAE Systems.
I have tried to get in touch with them several times but it says the mailbox is full.
717-714-8768.

coachgeo

Anyone that has the factory CTIS wheel covers that protect the CTIS valve and hose assemblies ....

I would like to approach any past manufacturers for a group buy.

View attachment 871656
before you do this..... you might want to seek out past soldiers that had these on trucks. If I recall right they caused issues and abandoned in a rather short time of being made available. Hence maybe why what appears to be the whole remaining lot got dumped on the auction market and the govt. kept none for trucks still in use.

so maybe the slowly coming out non military ones might be an upgrade to these??

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
before you do this..... you might want to seek out past soldiers that had these on trucks. If I recall right they caused issues and abandoned in a rather short time of being made available. Hence maybe why what appears to be the whole remaining lot got dumped on the auction market and the govt. kept none for trucks still in use.

so maybe the slowly coming out non military ones might be an upgrade to these??
Non Military ones? Are they in development at this time?... is there a prototype out?...have you seen any yet?...any info on them at this time?

I would like something to protect the CTIS because I will be using my truck off road a lot. I have been procrastinating for awhile now on the non-military black ones with the 3 bolts that are available...but there is just something about them compared to the military one that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

On that note and at this time, @GeneralDisorder, I would be up for 6 kits for my M1083A1, of course that is depending on the $$$.

Tom.

coachgeo

Non Military ones? Are they in development at this time?... is there a prototype out?...have you seen any yet?...any info on them at this time?

I would like something to protect the CTIS because I will be using my truck off road a lot. I have been procrastinating for awhile now on the non-military black ones with the 3 bolts that are available...but there is just something about them compared to the military one that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

On that note and at this time, @GeneralDisorder, I would be up for 6 kits for my M1083A1, of course that is depending on the $$$.

Tom.
only know for sure about the ones you mention at Midwest Military equip. There is another setup supposedly being tested which I'm guess you are aware of.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm running into a wall with these - I haven't found a way to contact BAE TVS yet. If anyone can help.....

Web searches indicate they closed up shop in Sealy, TX and auctioned the facility. So there may actually be no way forward if they manufactured these kits in house.

I haven't heard about them being problematic. I will ask around and see if I can get any answers with regard to this.

I know that Fed Log shows the government cost on these kits was $151 per unit. I'm sure costs will be higher than that in this market considering inflation. Trying to find one of these kits is nigh impossible but I'm still looking....... given that BAE is likely to turn up as the CAGE code on them it would probably be a dead end anyway since it appears BAE's involvement in US tactical vehicles is pretty much extinct and they laid off everyone involved.

Third From Texas

As far as problematic...

I ran a set on my first truck and they are now on my M1079. Five years of daily driving and never had any problem.. The only issue I ever heard was that the holes to reach the valve stems don't always line up if you have the old style CTIS units on the wheels (I never tried). Nothing that drilling a small hole can't fix. Some people supposedly had to make a small cutout on the edge so the hose would not rub (I simply rotated the cover until everything lined up). LOL I have always wondered how they would effect balancer (not that I'd ever try to balance these bigass 395's).

My understanding was that they were mostly never implemented to units (there were more scrapped than ever went into the field). Even fewer snagged at auction. I bet I've not seen a dozen trucks that had them on at auction.

If I needed covers, I'd have a local CNC guy zip me out a set like these fake beadlocks. MWE had the right idea, but for some reason went with only three attachment points. My OCD triggers. LOL

Untitled.png

Lots of discussion in this thread over the years:

I get some folks wanting the originals. But not for the $600 a set they were last going for. Of course, those even dried up a about four years back....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks