• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV #1 Gen Light

rcb

Greetings !!!
Thank you to Twright and Crash_AF... both were right on the $ with
identifying my problem with my volt gauge not working by checking
the relays !!!! Both my relays were really bad, in fact they were both
really missing !!! Installed new ones and case closed !!! However, now
my #1 gen light will not come on, it previously came on but not now.
Checked the bulb and it just will not come on.
Any thoughts...
Thanks again....
Bob

1986Blazerk5

Greetings !!!
Thank you to Twright and Crash_AF... both were right on the $ with
identifying my problem with my volt gauge not working by checking
the relays !!!! Both my relays were really bad, in fact they were both
really missing !!! Installed new ones and case closed !!! However, now
my #1 gen light will not come on, it previously came on but not now.
Checked the bulb and it just will not come on.
Any thoughts...
Thanks again....
Bob
where are the volt gauge relays located, and where do you buy them and how much are they thanks

gaunt1969

when my batts are fully charged my gen 1 light does not come on at all; but if its drained a little it will . I just dont worry about it if your volt gauge is chargeing at the tick mark in the green , your ok.

armytruck63

Both gen lights should come on when the key is in the "on" position and the engine is not running. The gen lights are part of the exitation circuit of the alternators and if the light is burned out or not making good contact, that alternator will not charge. Usually, reaching behind the dash and twisting the bulb holder around slightly will make good contact with the PC board.

I just had to fiddle with the gen 2 light yesterday.

Tick mark is definitely where the needle should point is everything is working correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks