• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Hill Finder

motormayhem

Just trying to gauge how my truck is power wise to other m1009's. Mine floored can say up with traffic till about 1/2 way through 1st and then can overtake them as it gets into the power band. Most hills of decent grade it can maintain speed and doesn't like to accellerate once it shifts into 3rd on a hill start. Does this sound about right for other m1009 owners? Also do most of them seem to have not much engine power gain after 1/2 throttle? Mine you can feel the power building as the pedal is pressed till about 1/2 way when the power doesn't seem to increase just the sound the engine makes. My downshift switch is broken so it wont downshift until I loose speed or manually do it but for others if you keep it in 3rd does anything past 1/2 way increase tailpipe smoke (black) and just change engine sound?

kenny

Same with my 1008 and it wont down shift after about 40 or 45 MPH
It wiil shift to 2nd at 10mph and to 3rd at 15mph if I just push the throttle1/4 of the way down. ""456 Gears""

kassim503

HTH

I can pull away from traffic before the intersection is up by planting the throttle. But the power after 1/2 to full stays about the same if its at lower rpm's. I think thats just the way the IP goes about its business. I can accelerate fine up steep hills until it hits 3rd gear, then it does about 1 mph per second I would guess.

Cant get this motor to smoke unless its really screaming, near or at redline and its just a light kinda grey smoke

4bogginchevys

my 6.2 has great mid-range, and reasonable top end aswell. Can get it to smoke black from half throttle on, with full throttle being pretty visible even against wet asphalt (black). Still wont pull a 4000 pound car on a 2200 pound trailer up a grade without getting down to 25-30, that's a guess the speedo dont work.