• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv horn

Untersee

Hey guys, read all the posts I could find. When I press the horn fuse blows. I cleaned horn button, cleaned fuse block. I do hear a click from the relay. Which relay is the horn relay, and what else should I check? Thanks for your time.

cpf240

I would disconnect the horn and see if the fuse still blows. If so, then there is a short in the wiring somewhere, you'll have to trace it out. If not, then test the horn itself, perhaps it is shorting out. There is also a diode on the horn relay, and when it fails it can lead to the horn sounding on its own. I can't think of a failure mode for this diode that would lead to blown fuses.

Jersey4x4

The horn is basically a contactor with a magnet, if the GM horn is stuck it could blow the horn fuse. Check the horn directly with a jumper wire. Most likely that is the cause.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks