• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv iv?????

m1028#13

I was wondering if anyone had heard about or seen any "cucv type" MV's based on the latest generation of gm trucks. I saw a few '07 and up chevy's that were obviously set up like cucv's. To me it looks like GM is at it again with the attempts to get a contract for them. I would have stopped and taken proper pictures, but I was on the clock, and there was no place to park the box van I was driving. All i managed to get was this grainy video (sorry about the stupid watermark in it, don't have the extra $$$ to pay for a converter right now, lol).

Any thoughts on these??

Attachments

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well so far it not in truck & bus in Flint , Mi yet maby in Canada or Ft wayne In. the plant closed in Mexco for good.
I have an Mexican chevy 2006 if know it built there It would not be in my drive way
order dec 05 when in Camp Diamond back Iraq through affes program payed for it got home on r&r picked it up in jan 06 looked it over and seen made in MEXICO.
what an bummer the truck is ok I rather Drive my M1028A2 any day 2 & 55 works for me.
After het's in iraq 30mph adg. makes long for long Mission.

dskchevy

The first digit tells you what country it was manufactured. 1 = USA 2 = canada 3 = mexico 4 = Japan............. All GM cars & Trucks .........

m1028#13

Well, these were about 15 minutes form Camp Dawson, WV. So next time I see the guy I know who is stationed there, I'll ask him if they came from there.

Hard to say what the deal was, but they were not tagged with civilian plates or inspection stickers. Kinda took me by surprise to see them just sitting there along the road like that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Navy uses them. There were quite a few at Port Everglades for Fleet Week last year. I posted pics on here somewhere.