• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Lift Kit Tech Support

Rebelpride

When putting the blocks under a M1008 the steel wedge that is stock, does it get removed, put on top or bottom of the block?

And the plate that the U-bolts bolt to does it go a certain way or is in universal?

Croatan_Kid

Just take the stock shims out of the rear. As for the u-bolt plates, they're fairly self explanitory....I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Westech

CPL
The blocks "should" be tapered to adjust the drive line angle. If not keep the shims in and put them in between the axle and the block. The plate can go ether way there is no front or back.

86M10086.2L

I took mine out when I lifted my M1008. Just used the lift blocks. Follow the instructions as to which way the taper should go. I didn't put the factory u-bolt plates back in as I installed a ORD U-bolt flip kit.

Rebelpride

Wasn't sure if you left the tapered stock piece in, but I'll loosen the bolts and remove it. The instructions weren't very clear and tech support was closedaua.
And wasn't sure about the plate on the bottom of the axle because the PS U-bolts were parallel but the DS bolts looked a little Y'd to me.
Thanks for the help.