• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1008 glow plugs

gjcyoung

Bought AC Delco 8#60G glow plugs for our 1986 M1008, but terminals or the wrong size ( too big ). Is there another part # I should be looking at so that I don't have to change connector? Also, Glow Plug Controller that they sent doesn't appear to be the correct part. Any suggestions on where to source correct parts?

Last edited:

cpf240

Better to change the connector. Some have just trimmed down the terminal on the glow plug. The Wellmans have the correct size terminal, but have been known to swell.

gottaluvit

Bought AC Delco 8#60G glow plugs for our 1986 M1008, but terminals or the wrong size ( too big ). Is there another part # I should be looking at so that I don't have to change connector? Also, Glow Plug Controller that they sent doesn't appear to be the correct part. Any suggestions on where to source correct parts?
Just looking on a popular auction site and I think the correct ones are the 13G and on the "what have you done to your CUCV today thread the other GM number for the same plugs were recently mentioned (5613939). There's pics on that bay site that shows the box with both numbers. They look to have the narrow spade plug. I, myself, wonder if the Wellmans are worth the swelling risk as a seller has a photo of a Wellman beside an AC Delco and the Wellman is fully glowing while the Delco only has the tip glowing. Both the same price, at $60/set. Anyone ever have issues removing the Wellmans?

cucvrus

I have had great luck with the stock A C Delco 13G glow plugs. Just a reminder I have all my CUCV's hooked up as they came from the factory. Everything. you may be tired of hearing me say that. But I drive them every week and some everyday. OK I said my piece. i have a truck in my driveway right now that has the resistors cut off and am in the process of returning it to stock. Have a good day. I would not steer you wrong. I have no reason or gain to.

MarcusOReallyus

Also, Glow Plug Controller that they sent doesn't appear to be the correct part. Any suggestions on where to source correct parts?

One of the members here sells an improved version of the GP controller card. Contact Antennaclimber, or you might find him in the classifieds here on SS.

MarcusOReallyus

"Oh", he said (peering over his glases), "there you are!"

Tried to find your website with a search engine, but came up blank! Dat ain't good!

:beer:

MarcusOReallyus

Just looking on a popular auction site...
Do you mean eBay? It's not against the rules to mention eBay, it's just verbotten to link to auctions there. Really! It's okay - you can say eBay.

eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay

Ebay.

See? I'm still here. No lightning strikes, no bans, no infractions.

eBay.

eBAAAAAaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Sounds better if you yell it like Geronimo! :mrgreen:)

gottaluvit

Do you mean eBay? It's not against the rules to mention eBay, it's just verbotten to link to auctions there. Really! It's okay - you can say eBay.

eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay

Ebay.

See? I'm still here. No lightning strikes, no bans, no infractions.

eBay.

eBAAAAAaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Sounds better if you yell it like Geronimo! :mrgreen:)

Ahhhhh! It was nice knowing you. Here they come.
Ok. Maybe I'm slightly overcautious. Thanks. I do see "4 Star General" and not "Banned" as your "rank".