• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1008 headlights/inst. cluster/ blackout lights work but no others!

hokie8358

i am new to the site,just became a member. i have a nagging problem with my 85 m1008 truck and decided to check here for some much needed help! my headlights,cluster lights, blackout and drive light work. the park,backup,brake, side marker do not work. check fuses and fuse block for juice with test light,all is good and have power. also blackout light is in the service light position. sorry for being so detailed! trying to cover all aspects of what i ve tried. any info would be great thanks!

stampy

First clean all of your connections and fuses. I used a knife to scrape the oxidation off of the blade fuses and a pencil eraser to clean the bulb housings. Next lube the bulbs and fuses with dielectric (available at any parts store) grease then replace. This fixed the majority of the issues I had and is cheap and easy. Thats where I start before tracing out stuff corrosion is a B!tch. While you are at it why not clean all of your grounds and lube them too. It has been said here before if it's rubber replace it if it's electrical clean it. Good Luck

I had a problem close to that . First thing I would do is remove the tail light assy. both sides and remove the ground and clean the wire and clean the bed area. Grounding seems to be the main issue in electrical problems. At least thats what I think. Also dont forget the grease on the connection.