• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1009 antenna mounting bracket help.

bdc

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in a previous thread, and if this needs to be deleted, mod please do so. Just after searching for several hours, still can't find the info...:confused:

I just received 2 of the standard antenna mounting brackets without the mounting bolts, I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the hex bolts that screw into the rivnuts that are already mounted on the body. I have looked through the TM and found the diagram but there is no listing of the size of the bolt. Just part numbers that are gibberish to me... I'm just a physician for goodness sakes...not a rocket scientist, hehe. I greatly appreciate any insight.:-?

mistaken1

Mine were 5/16-18.

Grab a handfull of bolts and start testing. Keep in mind if 1/4, 5/16 or 3/8 coarse thread do not fit they could be fine thread (or damaged even).

Last edited:

bdc

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who offered insights into this problem, I got em mounted. Took a 5/16 bolt. 2 of the Rivnuts were loose and would rotate and were also had fairly rusted threads, so I spot welded them into place and then re-tapped them without any problems. Mounted the brackets with flat and locking nuts and they are quite sturdy. Not bad for someone who had never welded before last month and had never seen a tap and die set before last week.:)