• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 brown interior paint?

tc42085

First, I'd like to thank y'all for helping me with my fuel sending unit problem. It did the trick.
Now I have a question about the color of the interior. All CUCVs that I've seen are green inside, mine is brown. Was this done for any reason or did the previous owner do this for looks?

NovacaineFix

Like CUCVRUS stated, all CUCV's were OD green on the metal parts, but depending on the issue they were either maroon or brown for the soft interior parts. Now when you say brown, are you referring to Brown or Desert Tan? Some CUCV's were repainted Desert Tan, I have a friend who's 1008 is DT.

I have a few friends with 1008's, their dash pads and seats are maroon, my 1009 is brown/bronze
I cannot say 100% for certain, but it seems to be that Marine Corps trucks (Semper Fi) were ordered as brown/bronze. In my case, the build sheet confirms that, see the pic below.
20160904_201939.jpg

You have to remember, that a lot of these trucks may have parts swapped out from other parts trucks that were accessible on base at the time, so there is no guarantee that any of your parts are 100% original to that truck. Original to that series, but maybe not to that particular truck.

I know that when a lot of Fire Departments got these trucks through DRMO, they repainted them, but typically the just the outside. Some were painted red, some yellow and so on, so if yours is not OD green (on the interior steel parts) it may have been a fire support truck, but without pics, I am just guessing. If yours is brown, then not sure what went on there.

Are you sure that the chassis is actually a CUCV and not a civi unit with CUCV parts?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks