• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv new to me

jsd563

I just picked up a 86 m1008 chevy pick up from goverment liquidation and was wondering about the title to the truck ? does gov liq send it to me?.... and does anyone know the GM key code? I have no keys to it and my friend is a locksmith said he can make the keys if he had the code

HAWKMAN

You have to pay for a title application, $60.00..(SF 97) GL sends this to you then this paperwork is then taken to your DMV (if your DMV allows this)
then your state sends you a completed title in the mail.

jsd563

is that for the door or the ignition? or are both the same..... a B blank is snug in the ignition he cut me a key that came from a cucv that the city now owns ( they own 10 all keyed alike) he doubts they changed all 10 trucks

pmramsey

One key fits almost every CUCV on the planet. Borrow one from someone and cut a new one. It you don't have friends buy one on the net from the bay place...then make your copies. One key fits all doors and interior locks. You may prefer new lock sets.

jsd563

Thank you guys......... 2 new batteries and a new key .... glow plug warm up and tapped the key and fired right up didnt even crank ....fast idle works she runs like a champ..... hahaha and 3/4 tank of goverment fuel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks