• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV questions?

williedawg

I have a 1985 M1009. I plan to put a new dash cover on in the near future. While I have the dash cover off, I want to inspect and clean the connections and wiring for the dash and I will also be replacing the radiator core. Just because I will already be in the dash, kill 2 birds with one stone. My radio does not work. Is that because it was never hooked up to work, since it was military vehicle, or is it screwed up? It's the old 2-post style radio.

Once I get back home, I work overseas, I will post pictures of my truck and update my profile. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Brian "Williedawg"

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radios were not installed at the factory. It's a good idea to inspect, and clean if necessary, these connections, especially the instrument cluster and printed circuit. Be sure to pay attention to all grounds, as they can cause a lot of issues in these older trucks.
Good luck.

MarcusOReallyus

My radio does not work. Is that because it was never hooked up to work, since it was military vehicle, or is it screwed up? It's the old 2-post style radio.

No telling why it doesn't work. It's not stock, that's for sure. Do you see any speakers mounted anywhere? Anyway, since it's not stock, you might want to take this opportunity to replace it with something newer. It's not like you'd be spoiling a historical radio.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks