• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV rear springs - double military wrap?

cbear

It looks like ARB / OME make some stuff that might work. CS055R might be doable.

I got deep in to leaf springs when I had to figure out a replacement for broken car springs that were on a home built trailer I bought. They turned out to be Dodge, and I found a set of heavier M885/M886 NOS rear springs on craigslist.

jopickens

Thanks - I figured some aftermarket folks made 'em. Wanted OEM CUCV to try and keep 'em cheap. haha Lots of folks pull em to put lift springs on blah blah
I don't want them to have much, if any, 'lift' to them... flatter the better (when loaded) for my application.
I might try to start using the front chevy CUCV springs on my Ramcharger to have the peace of mind that the double wrap gives you.
Flexing them so much - it's inevitable I'll eventually start breaking springs etc.
Josh