• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Repair shops...Norfolk/Va Beach area...

combatmech

Howdy all,
I'm on the hunt for a shop that knows CUCV's.....I have John Winslow's number....just wanted to check and see if anyone knew of any places in the Norfolk/Va Beach area before I have it towed out there.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to check with BLAKE on this list. He lives in your area and he is very knowledgeable. He is not a professional mechanic per se, but he knows his stuff. I am not sure if he has the time or inclination to work on other people's trucks, though. You might try to PM him.

combatmech

....funny you should say that. I bought the truck from him...I have talked with him a lot since all this has gone on. He's a pretty busy guy, that and I dont want to pester him too much about it.

combatmech

here is the link to my problem More electrical probs....
I have changed or fixed the following....
Both batteries, both alternators ( had them reworked ), 12v return wire, ran new wire from negative side #2 batt to engine wiring harness block.
I think I have a bad connection somewhere. It's like the batteries are not charging at all. You can jump it....it runs for a while....head lights, turn signals, wipers all work but very weak or slow. Just dont get it....and not very good at electrical stuff.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM NEWFDAD on this list. Keith is a wiz at CUCV electrical problems. Unfortunately, he moved from Maryland to Montana so he is no longer a local resource! Keith might have some ideas for you.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another option...if you don't mind getting it up here...is Ollie Davis who is in Mt. Airy, MD. Ollie is a great mechanic. I've had him help me track down electrical gremlins on previous CUCVs. I realize it is not local, but it is an option.

combatmech

Thanks again Bruce. If you have contact info for Ollie, shoot me a PM. I'm gonna hit up the shop here in Va beach that did a lot of my mechanical work. I gave Newfdad a shout as well....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks