• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV rim needed - NE OH

aph1979

I know this should be posted in the classifieds, but suddenly I'm being told I can't post new listings until I hit 100 forum posts.

I had my brakes serviced and the mechanic (not my regular guy) did not tighten my front driver's side lug nuts. Fortunately I am still alive, but the rim is toast - five of the six lug nuts chewed their way through the rim and lucky number six was hanging on by a fraction of an inch of steel. The truck is stuck in Stow until I can find a replacement rim. I'm hoping someone has one laying around somewhere close.

Yes, there will be pictures as soon as I get them from my regular shop.

PM me if you can help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not use your spare?

I would expect you need to change your studs too.

I would think the shop you took it to should be responsible for the damage and the work and parts to repair the damage.

Last edited:

aph1979

The spare was bent when I got the truck from GL.

I've already had words with the first mechanic, the gist of which was that since the work is under warranty he'll be getting a bill.

no prob, glad they had one for you. its the first place i check when im looking for anything MV related. been wandering that yard for about 18yrs or so now. wish id grabbed some of the trucks that ive seen there over the years. the had a 2-dr 60's-70's i think Jeep Cherokee Cheif panel delivery that was a comm truck many yrs back. complete and driving if i remember correctly. thats the main one i wish i had been able to get. great guys, and lots of great junk to look at! good luck with your '09 !

jj

This is, admittedly, a hijack, sort of, but, is there anything special about the CUCV wheels? That is, are they different from the wheels applied to the civilian versions of these trucks? The wheels that came on my M-1009 had similarly abused lug nut seats, badly enough that i condemned three of five wheels. But, i can't seem to bring myself to scrap them, because "they are 'military' wheels". Are they a special specification or configuration?

IdahoPlowboy

This is, admittedly, a hijack, sort of, but, is there anything special about the CUCV wheels? That is, are they different from the wheels applied to the civilian versions of these trucks? The wheels that came on my M-1009 had similarly abused lug nut seats, badly enough that i condemned three of five wheels. But, i can't seem to bring myself to scrap them, because "they are 'military' wheels". Are they a special specification or configuration?
Yes what the heck is with the lug nut seats on these? Mine are pretty bad, I located some rally wheels that are very close to the Military wheels and I will be using those.

Monkeyboyarmy

I probably have a spare if SW doesn't work out. They are just a plain-jane wheel but are 8 inches wide. I haven't seen them on any stock blazers as they always have rally wheels. Not saying that they didn't do it tho.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are the same for any 3/4 ton or 1 ton single wheel Chevy of the early 80s and others. okay they are painted differently LOL rofl

I think they were asking about the 15x8"wide 6 hole C-K half ton pickup/blazer/1009 wheels.
GM did use some with the standard design versus the usual "rally style" wheel but, they were not a common ordered option on cheaper priced models. I had an original set once off a late 70's K10 pickup and sold them to a guy that put them on his 69 Chevy C10. Wish I had them now!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks