• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Seats

nvrescue

Banned
I asked this last night but the post was deleted by accident. I just want to know if the 1980-1987 K-5 Blazer seats will identically fit my 1985 M1009 CUCV? Are there more years that will? Someone did say a S10, am I correct if the S-10 is used you have to remove only seat and not brackets and try and get S10 seats to bolt onto CUCV seat brackets?

Chris said the passenger seat on civis has a tilt and needs a hook latch? My goal is to replace both front seats.

Anyone have a simple solution with the least path of resistance? I like simple remove and install with no fab work

Thanks.

Attachments

K9Vic

I picked up a set of Ford Crown Victoria seats for super cheap and have an extra set of civilian K5 seat bases. I am going to see if I can fabricate the seats onto the K5 bases and install them in my M1009. It may or may not work as I have to be concerned about the head clearance, but worth a try since I have all the parts to try it. I can always weld more metal onto the bases as they are extras and not going to mess with my CUCV bases.

I just want those seats as they are more comfortable as I have always owned a Crown Vic and driving great distances in them.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I pulled the reclining mechanism's from S-10 seats and they bolted right up to the blazer seats and now I have adjustable reclining seats, super easy, 4 bolts per seat.

bdc

I pulled the reclining mechanism's from S-10 seats and they bolted right up to the blazer seats and now I have adjustable reclining seats, super easy, 4 bolts per seat.
also which year model for the S10? Do you know of any other seats that would fit without fabricating something?

I am looking for a bit more leg room being 6'4"

thanks

Anyone know of a bench seat that will (1) fit in a M1008, (2) Side forward right up to the dash and (3) fully recline?

Trying to mod up a setup that with a re-bent transfer case shifter and either tilt steering or a removable steering wheel, will slide up/lay flat and make a decent bed in the cab...

Last edited: