• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Standard Winch

Phily

Cruising through GL over the last few months I have noticed that some of the CUCV's have winches on them? Anybody got any data on these? 24v I assume? Warn? Capacity? I've done my searching online and through the manuals and can't find anything.

dstang97

I have a M1028 with a NP 205 that direct drives a hyd pump with its attached PTO and plan to add a braden 10K hyd winch in the rear under tbe bed.

Pics of the TC, PTO, Hyd Pump are in another thread.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/44185-900-800-winches-same.html#post494220

I'm still adapting the winch brackets to mount under the truck.
I just learned 2 things

1 cucv's 205's were race track mount
And I thought that pto winch's has a drive shaft that went from the winch to the pto

Last edited:

scrambled

My 1009 came with a Warn winch plate on the front. It was bent like a pretzel and had pieces of red taillight in it. No winch, but it must have been a hard hit to bend steel plate like it did.

My M1028 didnt have the TC thats in it now.

I received the truck without a Engine Transmission and transfer case.

I put a 454 Engine with a T400 trans and the 205 TC (NIB) that I bought from a friend that sells MV parts.

The PTO that mounts on the NP205 can be a shaft drive and the one I used was at one time, I converted it to a direct pump drive after I made up my mind to mount a Braden 10K LB hyd winch in the rear under the bed.

I just learned 2 things

1 cucv's 205's were race track mount
And I thought that pto winch's has a drive shaft that went from the winch to the pto

Last edited:

Sgt Hulka

There's no such thing as a "standard" CUCV winch. Many of us have seen the photos of CUCVs with winches mounted on them by the military, but they appear to be limited, special-purpose applications. And to my eye, I've seen civilian done versions that look much neater... I don't know what make or brands of winch of have been used.

gwag

Here is my M1028 I put a 12K milemaker elec/hyd on. I put it as high & far in as I could get it, ran the hyd through the steering/hydroboost system & hooked up the hot wire. EASY

Attachments

Last edited: