• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Suburban wheel recommendation

Crash_AF

I am getting to the point where I'm changing over the Sub from 6 to 8 lugs and wanted some opinions on wheels.

I want to run 33x12.5 16s on something military looking so I'm guessing my only option to get something wide enough to run that tire without sucking the sidewall in is to have Stockton make me some 16x10 steel wheels. That way I don't have to go with wagons or soft-8s...

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

The military wouldn't run anything that wide and that short. Considered 285/75R16 (33x11.25R16) or 255/85R16 (33x10ishR16) on stock 16x6.5's?

If you did go the Stockton route you'd be better off with 15x8's unless you really want that "deep dish" look of the 15x10's. 33x12.5's on 15x8's look like 31x10.5's on 15x7's and all 3 of the big 3 and Toyota and Nissan had that combo for most of the 80's and 90's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks