• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv turbo

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I honestly don't recall the specifics of mine. I'll have to take a look at it. I bought the engine complete with a turbo setup, then moved that setup over to my stock engine. I know mine is simply routed from the back of the engine valley near the vac pump and pressure port up and around to the turbo. I want to say it's a braided hose too. But I don't recall if the person I bought it from said it was a custom or stock part. The stocker should work fine though. But if you don't have one, a hyd hose shop could easily make one for you. Or you could even plumb it in hardline.

Old Iron

I can't help with the line size (I used the stock 6.5 braided line) but all the way behind your drivers cylinder head there's a oil supply port, which in a 6.2 is where your oil pressure switch is. At the front of your passenger cylinder head, on the block itself is another oil supply port that will have a plug in it. This port in a 6.5 is used for the turbo oil supply. In a 6.2 it's plugged. Run your oil return to a fuel pump block off plate or to a welded in bung on your oil pan.

Last edited:

remote6

Thanks I have the stock 6.5 block off plate, just trying to find out which size line to use. Think I seen the oil switch on the back of the drivers side, didn't know there is one on the front of the passenger side of the block will look for that one.

Old Iron

The front oil plug is probably hidden a bit by your fuel injection return line and maybe your wiring. The front port is basically in the same spot as your oil pressure switch at the back of block just reversed, so it's just below the front of your passenger cylinder head.

southdave

3/16 to 1/4 inch ( the following is suspect)..but careful I did my first swap used to big of a line starve the cam of oil wiped it out.. that oil port is too close to the pump, the next engine I just put a restricted down to 3/16 no problem..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks