• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv

T53T55

Hello, New to site. Looking for engine schematics for 24 volt system for my cucv. Seems i am having electric issues, battery keeps dying...rebuilt alts,rebuilt starter, new batteries. Dies after a couple of weeks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the resource section at the top of the page, click it and go to TM section. Search for TM 9-2320-289-20. Right click and save to your computer. Schematics will be in the appendix.

Scarecrow1

I know how painful this is going to sound but you have a power drain some where .. The pain is finding it . Try seeing that your interior lights are not staying on when you park it at night If it takes a couple of days it has to be a small drain . If it was the alternator the it would drain it with in a short time . I had this happen to mine and it turned out to be the alternator but you sald it was rebuilt , I would still have it checked if you don't find the drain . Some thing isn't turnig off so the next step is a tester and a lot of searchingthe wires. Good luck

91W350

Those things can drive you crazy, little bare spots in wiring etc... do not overlook a bad battery either, even if it is new.

ida34

Also, please help people out by giving a descriptive thread title. Cucv can mean anything but something like "need help batteries draining on cucv", or " cucv electrical problems battery draining". Descriptive threads will help. Most people do not read everythread so some that could have helped may skip this one not knowing what the thread was about.

First, Check the batteries to make sure they are good.

Next connect a light between the ground and the negative terminal with the negative terminal disconnected on the front battery. If the light glows you have a drain. Start pulling fuses until the light goes out. When the light does go out you know you have found the drain in that circuit.

If one of the alts are bad they may still charge but will drain the battery when the engine is not running. Also, are both batteries draining or just one draining? This can also tell you something. The rear battery supplies the 24 volts and should only be used during startup except for running the volt gauge or any military radios. The front battery does the rest of the work for all the 12 volt stuff on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks