• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV'S in VA WIN Today

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I won a CUCV pickup in VA today but no official word yet. Was wondering if anyone inspected them. I took a chance and was hoping someone here may have looked them over and could help. Noticed a red tag tied to the steering wheels of a few, any idea what they say, perhaps drained fluids? Thanks.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: CUCV

The red tag signifies major internal damage to some component of the drive-train (engine, tranny, t-case, etc...)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:lol: Just kidding, Mark. I had one of those red tags on my XM818. It was just an ID tag with all of the trucks information on it from where it was turned in. I will try to find mine and get a picture of it for you. I know a good trucker that hauls out of VA if you plan on having it shipped. PM me for his info if you need it.

BobM

Being nosy again, but approximately how much was your winning bid? If I'm right, we can discuss the price now that the auction is over with. If I'm wrong, throw bricks at me and ignore this post! :D

HeadWizard

The red tags on the steering wheels at the Richmond site are lot # tags. I was there for about 3 hours previewing yesterday and that's the 1st time I've ever seen that sort of thing. It's kind of a pain when walking the lot looking for specific trucks - you have to open every one of them up to look which one it is. Many of the trucks had NO lot ID at all - I was having to try and match serial #'s to the auction listing print outs.

I spoke to a GL rep there (very nice guy) and he said almost all the CUCV's had bent driveshafts from being picked up with a forklift somewhere along the way. Just a heads up.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
HeadWizard said:
The red tags on the steering wheels at the Richmond site are lot # tags. I was there for about 3 hours previewing yesterday and that's the 1st time I've ever seen that sort of thing. It's kind of a pain when walking the lot looking for specific trucks - you have to open every one of them up to look which one it is. Many of the trucks had NO lot ID at all - I was having to try and match serial #'s to the auction listing print outs.

I spoke to a GL rep there (very nice guy) and he said almost all the CUCV's had bent driveshafts from being picked up with a forklift somewhere along the way. Just a heads up.
I know what you mean BUT I'd rather have that than white paint you can't get cleaned off tires, canvas, and is difficult (at best) to paint over.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big thanks to Ethan(builder77)who stepped up to the plate and inspected my recent M1008 win at richmond, VA. The bad, driveshaft, and driver door damaged from forklift, door only opens 10" or so, no starter circuit and relay sitting in seat. The good, jumped relay connection and starter works fine, only rust is two minor holes in the inner fender inspection plates, good tires, overall clean condition. Marked as a military police unit, troop seats still intact, not sure about onboard equipment. Price after premium was $1,426.00, not too bad. They had it described as a M1009 but the pictures showed a M1008, and luckily it was a M1008. Thanks again to Ethan, look forward to meeting you in person.

M725

Re: RE: CUCV

steelsoldiers said:
The red tag signifies major internal damage to some component of the drive-train (engine, tranny, t-case, etc...)
There is also are turn in tags that the military uses. Stating the condition of the equit, one of them is also RED meaning unserviceable. But that being said, Few years back I got a 5kw gen at the old DRMO auction with one on it, I got it home and after freaking out. My friend who was in the army told me in most cases it was easier to tag them that way, Than they can turn them in as it, with out service them or make any minor repairs.
So to make a long stoty short, we hook up the batts and it fired right up and worked to standard :D .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks