• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 250 parts manual in the TM section

area52

The tech manual in the TM section thats for the Cummins 250 says its for the 939 series trucks.

Is there any differences between this one and the one in the 809 series?

Is there a different tech manual for the 250 in the 809 series?

thanks

papercu

The M939 and M939A1 series vehicles employ the Cummins (NHC 250) 250 horsepowered engine, while the M939A2 series vehicles use a smaller, turbocharged Cummins (6CTA8.3) 240 horsepowered engine. Wayne

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also have the one for the 800 series trucks, but they are identical, figured just the one would work. If you like, I can scan and submit the other one.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Whiile we're on the subject of the 250 Cummins...how do you install the belt that goes from the big pulley to the water pump.......no way to adjust or get the pulleys closer together to slip the belt on...this is making me :cookoo: aua
I took the pulley off the water pump using a pulley remover but cant get the thing to go back on with the belt on it...Please tell me I don't have to take the big pulley off.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't have the TM yet...the engine is out of the truck and it is a lot easier to do all this now before we drop it back in.
Maybe I can download it if I can find the info ( I am old and puter deficient)

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: belt

Wrecker, get e new copper gasket for the pump mount and coat it with never sieze. It will make future adjustments easier. Tighten the bolts evenly so the clamp ring doesn't break. Use the torques in the book.

jasonjc

RE: belt

Check the water pump. Mine had a plastic impeler that was cracked. It will be a hole lot easyer to replace now than later.

Gamagoat1

Re: RE: Cummins 250 parts manual in the TM section

WillWagner said:
I also have the one for the 800 series trucks, but they are identical, figured just the one would work. If you like, I can scan and submit the other one.
Will,
Which manual are you refering to for the 800 series 250

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Cummins 250 parts manual in the TM section

Yup. I compared both manuals, they had the samp P/Ns on the things like intake and exh, manifolds and the bolt on externals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks