• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins 8.3L Factory Coolant Filter

74M35A2

I recently discovered the 8.3L was equipped with a factory coolant filter integrated into the thermostat housing on some applications. I have ordered one from eBay, and will try it. From a quick visual, it looks like it will fit, we'll see. Notice the horizontal filter behind and above the alternator.

The Cummins factory part number for this housing is: 3926508. It is a dual thermostat housing.

s-l500.jpg hh.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

74M35A2

This may not work for us. There is no down leg to support the flow to the trans cooler. Once it arrives, I will better assess, but tables have turned on it. Also, it may heavily interfer with the A/C bracket I crafted.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC, there is a plug to install in the head or block that forces coolant flow through the trans cooler in closed stat operation.

74M35A2

Understood, thanks. It Is probably going back on eBay after I see it to not have the correct porting for our trans coolers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks