• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins oil cooler

5tondeuce

Hi Guys,
I have an m818 with the cummins engine. The truck sat for a few years without being run and the cooling system was mostly dry. I've got it running now but I seem to be getting engine oil in the coolant. Should I suspect a bad oil cooler or something more serious.
The truck seems to run fine. Thanks in advance for any input.
Chris.
P.S. I am running the engine with no rad cap so there is no pressure on the cooling system.:-D

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or hard, cracked oil cooler seal rings. Take it apart, if the o-rings are in one piece and not all hard and flat, it is most likely the cooler. A radiator shop can test it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks