• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cummins Parts Dealer

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to buy an oil pan gasket for my M925A2. Searched the forum didn't find any info. Any suggestions on a dealer?

Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Local Cummins dealer, or order online.

Part number is in the parts TM.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We don't have a local dealer. I don't need a part number, I need a referral to a reputable parts source (was hoping for a SS vendor), thus my question.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm surprised there are no truck shops near you when you live about 30 miles from I10.

Often, a google search of the nsn or manufactures part number will get results.

If you only wanted a SS vendor to supply this, we have a vendor quote section in the classifieds. That is where this should be posted.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?133-Request-a-quote

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis equipment

Eastern Surplus

Whiteowl surplus

TnJ Murray

or any of the paying advertisers in the banner ads at the top of the page.

74M35A2

An alternative source of Cummins engine part numbering besides the TM is Cummins Quickserve Online. It is free and easy to use, based upon your engine serial number. Gives correct diagrams, service manuals, wiring schematics, and every engine part number right down to each nut, bolt, washer, and seal, as long as it was supplied by Cummins, including military contracted engines. Using it took about 45 seconds total for me to log in and find the Cummins part number for my M925a2 8.3L oil pan gasket, which I PM'd you. Works easily on a cell phone also. A great, free, resource, same as this site is. I strongly recommend it to anybody that owns any Cummins engine.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An alternative source of Cummins engine part numbering besides the TM is Cummins Quickserve Online. It is free and easy to use, based upon your engine serial number. Gives correct diagrams, service manuals, wiring schematics, and every engine part number right down to each nut, bolt, washer, and seal, as long as it was supplied by Cummins, including military contracted engines. Using it took about 45 seconds total for me to log in and find the Cummins part number for my M925a2 8.3L oil pan gasket, which I PM'd you. Works easily on a cell phone also. A great, free, resource, same as this site is. I strongly recommend it to anybody that owns any Cummins engine.
This is especially helpful. Thanks!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the never ending thankless tasks we moderators have is, helping members use the site correctly and to get the best results.

Your first and second posts are contradictory.

If you wanted a vendor source only, you should have said so first off and posted in the vendor quote forum. (I pointed this out to help you use the site correctly)
I would have moved this thread to the vendors forum for you.

I gave you referrals to reputable vendors when you clarified(corrected) your request.

I also offered several other bits of sound advice.

I've spent my time following up on this thread daily.

For you to call me a rude name in the forums is unwanted and and unwarranted in this case.

Have you found a source yet?

74M35A2

I didn't say it did. I said it was helpful. Does being an old curmudgeon come natural to you, or do you have to work at it?
That's a knarly word. I Googled it just to expand my vocabulary, but I still can't say it properly. I guess that leaves me unable to hurl it unless conveyed via electrons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks