• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cummins Primer pump repair. w/new question.

texas-5-ton

RE: cummins Primer pump repair.

Those should be fairly easy to find. Hope that you can get it all put back togather Okay. I bought an universal O-ring kit several years ago but cant find it or I would send you a few.

Chad

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

i just went down to a gasket, seal, supply house, matched them up, 28 cents each, worked great, put a little oil on the o-rings when you reinstall the plunger

jwaller

ya, went to the hardware store plubing section(it was a #7 oring) and matched them up. works like a champ.

Now with my follow up question. when I prime it it will make full gauge pressure, How long should it hold that pressure, because mine drops pretty quickly back down to zero.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

i too got mine from a local auto supply, 50 cents each i think. the gauge will drop pretty fast but will stay around the lower mark. are you having any other leak problems, i thought the little leaky o rings were the bad boys but i found it was the main fuel line around the fuel selector switch under the drivers seat. Tim

jwaller

ya I know my selector is leaking too. I still have it fix that one but I figured I'd do the easy one first. :)

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dont drive it with that leak, it will run away with you and not shut off, just like mine did!!!!