• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current Auction Item - NOT BREAKING RULES!!!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So - what gives with all the vanishing M1102 trailers at Ft Drum?

It appears that GL's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is selling!

FtDrum 1102s.jpg From this morning - but has been like this for a few weeks on and off.

Did a local Elvis impersonator do a secret deal? 8)
Did the Afghan army all of a sudden decide trailers were the way to go?
Did Silver Eagle/Raytheon/et al break all the current production runs? :cry:

Last edited:

AceHigh

Nothing to see here, normal stuff. Sometimes the items will re-appear in a few weeks, sometimes they go back to some government use. Who knows.

I remember when they first noticed the dial needles that could put off radiation, suddenly lots of trucks were pulled.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is normal - the government gets first dibs on auction items. Heck, there were a few times GL sold something, we picked it up and had it for a few weeks, and THEN the military demanded it back. You get a refund for your bid in that case, but it's still the way things are.

Remember, the government surplus system is NOT for us people and companies in the private sector. It's for the military primarily, so they can reuse things and save taxpayers money rather than buying all-new stuff. By the time you see it on GL, it's been sitting around waiting for a military unit or another government agency, to screen it out for their own use for 6-12 months.

Bottom line, you should be thankful, in a way, that DoD is reusing these things, it's their way of trying not to be wasteful...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have to address in some capacity the spreadsheet they send for auctions each week.

I can't be responsible for their work. :mrgreen:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You think this is confusing, wait to you bid on a lot, then gl pulls a bunch of lots including yours, THEN at what would have been the closing time YOU get a WON auction notice, ect.

Csm Davis

Okay going behind the scenes some here I know that USP&FO and DRMO have been having some issues because of new system they implemented for their computers this could be the case as I have seen it happening some lately. As others have said Govliquidation doesn't have control over most of what gets pulled.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You think this is confusing, wait to you bid on a lot, then gl pulls a bunch of lots including yours, THEN at what would have been the closing time YOU get a WON auction notice, ect.
That sucked... so pissed on that one...

In terms of the 1102s, they may have realized they were still needed. I shake my head when I see 1101/1102s at DRMO here... I KNOW there have to be units that need them... yet there they sit...

3dAngus

That sucked... so pissed on that one...

In terms of the 1102s, they may have realized they were still needed. I shake my head when I see 1101/1102s at DRMO here... I KNOW there have to be units that need them... yet there they sit...
The military, post war effort, is taking advantage of turnins on their Table of Allowances, which leaves a hole or vacancy where they are "allowed" an asset. It becomes to expensive to ship an asset home for instance, even if that asset costs $600k. So, when the boye come home without an asset, they are authorized in the Table of Allowances for that outfit, to purchase new, and fill that need which has already been justified.

This is a quick and easy way to retrofit the military with new assets. I don't agree with it all! but it is what it is.

Please keep the politics out of it in this thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks