• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current prices, M813/A1 w/w?

LanceRobson

Hey, Gang

I have an M813A1 with 11K miles on it. It's got very little corrosion, a winch with good cable, hard top, two solargizers, racks and fair to very good (some new) rubber.

The truck seems to have had a complete annual service just before it hit DRMO. The only thing I've found wrong is a slow leak around the water pump and I replaced both the windshield glasses due to cracks.

I had a guy show some interest in buying it for a farm truck.

Has anyone been tracking what are these are currently selling for on GL? Since I bought this one last winter I haven't been looking at prices. I'm not in any big hurry to sell but if the money were right I'd likely sell it.

Thanks for any help and insights.

Please be patient if I don't answer for a while, I'm headed out of state for 4 days at O-dark-thirty tomorrow and will have only occasional internet access.

Again, thanks

Lance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, one GL buyer has been scooping up almost all the 5 ton cargo trucks for the last 6-12 months. Ending prices I have seen, have been $3500-8000. I'm sure they have a contract to fill, so I don't think the current GL selling prices truly reflect the retail market prices.

Last edited:

LanceRobson

DH-that's a definite possibility. As I mentioned when you and I talked, I may just put a silly price tag on it and see what happens.

I believe there's a guy in western NY buying trucks for farms there and he has paid top dollar for some but he also had buyers waiting. You know what I paid for this truck but the WNY guy paid 2-1/2 times that for one a little while later. I guess it shows that when it comes to price, being "lucky" is when preparation and opportunity meet.

There are a few 5 tons with silage bodies running around farms in the county and I suspect that the guy who stopped has similar ideas. He likely wouldn't like the price though....

Lance

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Im with Eric, I sold a very very nice one wo/w but a 813A1 10 months ago for 9,000. Big surplus guys are buying them up for the contract so if you want sell now, while the prices are high on GL. The current market wont support a truck that needs restoration for 8K like GL but you have your ball park figure now. When the 813A1 was bought from GL when I got it a year ago it was around 2,500.
Another thing , as you might know , less bases the fast west you go so the prices go up slightly. So it depends on where in the US you are to what your 813's worth.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks