• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cut Air hose on M105 Trailer

KaiserM109

Is there a way to repair a cut air hose such as putting a sleve inside and clamps on the outside?

I'm going to blame this one on GL and their fork lift. This trailer has quite a bit of damage on the frame and relay valve from a fork lift and on the bed where it was tied down by throwing a chain over the bed and boomering it tight.

Arlyn

Attachments

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

I used a barbed fitting and ferrules to fix mine. Of course i have a crimper for the air line ferrules. You can get all this stuff at McMaster-Carr!

123mack

TN Colonel is correct. Just remove the hose and take it to a parts store that sells heavy truck parts, tell them you want one like it. You'll have a new,safer hose an they are not expensive. The hose and fittings are the same as used on civy equipment. The same goes for other air brake parts. Haldex is one of the major makers.

Orionspath

Timely information. I was just going over an M105A2 I picked up at Meade and realized the same has happened to the right side line......Thanks for asking the question Kaiser M109

randyman

There is a guy on eBay who has the hoses for cheap (I think). I paid $32 for 4 of them delivered the last time I bought some. They are just like the ones on the trailers with the same fitting on the end, the glad hand and the spring strain reliefs. I'd sell you one (or more) for what I paid for them ($8.00) plus shipping or I can get the sellers name/ad from my eBay history.

KaiserM109

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!

Thanks to an SS member, I am putting 2 new hoses on that trailer. Thanks to OD Iron screwing up the shipping on a filter set, the truck wasn't ready to tow it.

Arlyn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks