• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV joint rebuilding.

Broke down and broke down the CV joint today. Looks like there should be a grease seal over the little ball and cup thats in the center of the whole thing, is that right? Mine is missing, but may have burnt off when I heated it to loosen the ujoint caps. Also, mine being a M1009, it looks like it uses ubolts, not end caps, to hold the front ujoint in. I had those, but returned them and got the end caps instead, can I use them and run bolts through and put a nut in the bolts?

Local garage said a boot would be great, but good luck finding one locally, so to pack the socket with grease and put it together, which I did. Got it under the truck, and the blazer took the shackles, not the u bolts like the TM said, so the missus picked up the right parts, that turned out to be the wrong parts, and I used the wrong parts that turned out to be right.
Didn't have the right bolts for the transfer case, couldn't find any long enough in my pans of used bolts, so put four undersized, but close bolts through with nuts on the end, for now. Took one of the to short but right thread bolts to find right length ones with.
At least I have 4x4 now, if I baby it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks