• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cylinder head

mattveeder

Have any of you ever tried installing a civy head on their 230? Rumor has it that it will up the compression thus more power. The reason I'm interrested is that I'm rebuilding my spare engine looking for some much needed horses. Anything that I can do that appears stock always has my interrest. I already have electronic ignition, electric fuel pump and plan on ordering the upgraded cam from vpw. As always thanks for the input.

m376x6

I don't know enough about the civilian engine to comment. But perhaps an engine shop could determine if your current head could be milled to increase compression. I've also heard of an intake manifold that uses a two or four barrel carburator. I don't know if any are still available. Good luck, an original looking engine putting out more power is always a good thing.

Bill W

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks