• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Czech army trucks at local "old trucks" meeting

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would share this with you.

Went to a very local "old trucks show" close to where we live. We had our last action in our museum, so I had to sneak out in the afternoon shortly to visit the event. Thanks to the rain, most trucks (9 out of 13) were out already. Too bad.

The small personell carrier is a 1954 Tatra 805

The other two pictures are of the most famous Praga V3S truck. You see that one still around here everywhere, often in agricultural work. This one has a prolonged bed adapted as a manuere spreader.

I always think of the Prage V3S as a US WW II truck with most of its nose shot off (or shortened to fit a small Skoda engine). Actually, it has a 98 HP Tatra 912-1 engine.

Nice youtube of a Praga going uphill.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrA58g_PtL0&feature=related[/media]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks