• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Czech Reader Mil experience?

Augdog1964

Hey all,

We are needing some help with translation of Czech switches and plates in the T-55AM2... does anyone here have any experience that could help? Perhaps a former Czech military individual, or even better a Czech T-55AM tanker?

You just never know... we could sure use your help! Thanks!

Augdog1964

Fantastic...

That's his handle? If so I'll PM him... or Robo if you see the post please PM me...
always looking for parts sources too! Thanks!

Augdog1964

Thanks

We'll try that site, we've tried a few in the past but with poor results. We've been told that the military terms do not translate well, as they are fairly specialized... most we've found on the other sites just come back with no translation.

We have not tried the one you supplied though so we'll give it a shot... thanks so much!

vtunimog

I can tell you that a Czech translator will cost you anywhere from $50-200 up per page for technical translations. It all depends how technical the material actually is

warewolf

Dave,
which panels do you need to translate? Send me an email with pictures,I will go to my friend's T-55AM and will translate them for you. Plus I will have the opportunity to compare Polish built T-55AM Merida with Czechoslovakian T-55AM2 :)
Driver's control panel is very easy, it's worse with the main scopes and other weapon related accessories.
Did you get the R-123M radios and R-124 internal comms working?
Cheers
Grzegorz

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks