• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

d turbo leaking

connectingbar

Been working out of town for a while and I just got back home to continue work on my deuce.

Decided to degrease the engine to see where any leaks are. The engine was painted black by the govt over the top of the standard green.. Degreaser took off the black paint. Also degreased the top of the front axle ( assumed slobber tube that is a little short made the mess) Fired her up and let idle at 1250 20 min and then at idle for 20 min. Noticed oil dripping on the axle to find it is coming from the exhaust side of turbo where the pipe attaches to it. Thought I would see oil coming from the stack but none. ( the truck is parked 3 ft from my shed with white siding so I would notice it) Oil level is fine with no smell of fuel or coolant. Is this normal to leak from extended idle? Must have been like this when the gov owned it because top of starter had old oil mixed with dirt on top of it.

Any thoughts?
btw it is not pouring out and it is black as coal

scooter01922

Sounds pretty normal, extended run time at no load will cause "wet stacking" essentially unburnt fuel is making its way out of the exhaust where ever it is able to. A run on the road with some load and it should go away until the next time it is left to idle without load. Just a multi quirk, more prone to it that your average diesel.

connectingbar

Another question

Where is the fuel delivery adjustment screw on the pump. I heard of turning the nut one flat at a time. It seems a little sluggish and I want to turn it up a little. Any pics?

scooter01922

Literaly dozens of threads on turning up the fuel, quite a few with pics. I would however suggest leaving it alone till you install a pyrometer. I'm sure someone more search savvy can direct you to a good thread. Sometimes search dosen't like me, now is one of those times.

connectingbar

Thanks, will do.

I did a search and found the info, then went to the garage looked the ip and saw the cover and I can tell that it was never messed with.

will get a boost gauge and pyro meter tomarrow before I mess with fuel delivery.

thanks for all your insite, it's worth more than money

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would an $80 infrared thermometer serve the keep an eye on the temps? After stop, of course.
No. You have to watch the temp. while it's under load. By the time you stop and get out and check it the temp. will have already dropped several hundered degrees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks