• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Damaged half shaft boot

Trying to decide whether to just replace boot or entire half shaft.
The unknown is how long the truck has been driven with compromised boot(how much dirt has gotten in).
if I'm already taking it apart, is my time better spent replacing the whole assembly?
If replacing, should I upgrade to heavier shaft?
No symptoms noticed yet but I haven't driven on the highway lol

Also(not related as far as I know), is it normal that when you hold the brake pedal, the truck can be moved forward and back about an inch?
Only notice it sometimes when stoping hard, truck bounces back and forward a little. Guessing it has something to do with the brakes being set back from the wheels?

Thanks!

dmetalmiki

I am curious to hear the response from others, But the vehicle should not jump backwards? and forwards? when braking hard in motion. Unless the body is loose!. And if you are stationary with the brakes applied, No the vehicle should not move in the least, Ether way. Unless you are talking about a propshaft handbrake.