• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dana Diagnostic tool for Cummins 8.3L engine?

bennettfe

ok this is my first post to this site so please forgive my ignorance.
me and my son purchased 2 929 A2 series trucks that appear in very good condition, we are trying to gather as many tools and as much information on these trucks as possible.
one of the tools is the software mentioned above, i have searched the web and it keeps sending me back to dana and the 2.3.0.1
so the question i have it will this still work as a diag tool for the m923A2 Troop Carrier and M939A2 recovery wrecker.
i have a USB to 9 Pin Serial and found Grandview USB RP1210 Data Link Adapter, will this work ?.
currently the only issue i have seen is the ABS light is on for the wrecker and reading pleanty on here and other sites it may be as simple as a blown fuse to make that go away.
also are there any software tools for the cummins 8.3 or its all old school MM and test lights ?.
any help with these trucks would be great
https://www.my-grandview.com/store/p1/Grandview_USB_Kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:

coachgeo

ok this is my first post to this site so please forgive my ignorance.
me and my son purchased 2 929 A2 series trucks that appear in very good condition, we are trying to gather as many tools and as much information on these trucks as possible.
one of the tools is the software mentioned above, i have searched the web and it keeps sending me back to dana and the 2.3.0.1
so the question i have it will this still work as a diag tool for the m923A2 Troop Carrier and M939A2 recovery wrecker.
i have a USB to 9 Pin Serial and found Grandview USB RP1210 Data Link Adapter, will this work ?.
currently the only issue i have seen is the ABS light is on for the wrecker and reading pleanty on here and other sites it may be as simple as a blown fuse to make that go away.
also are there any software tools for the cummins 8.3 or its all old school MM and test lights ?.
any help with these trucks would be great
https://www.my-grandview.com/store/p1/Grandview_USB_Kit.html
well this is not the right area in for discussing anything m929 releated (this is FMTV forum aka- completely different truck discussion) buttt.... being a search lead you to this older thread (thanks much for searching!!! good netiquette! )...... supposing that means your not finding much help.... Figure most in here will not hassle you for stepping into our FMTV world for help on this. Your best fella to review your questions is @Suprman

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, the engine needs no type of special electronic tools, it is a fully mechanical engine. The only electrics on it are starter, alternator and FSOV. As for the ABS and trans, I personally do not know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks