• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dash cluster HELP!!!

LIMVMAN

How do you unplug the harness and the speedo from the dash harness??? I cant get my hand under the dash...I got the manuals and they make it look so easy....any hands on tips? Still going nuts about my gen 1 charging issue. :ditto:

Cucvnut

it just pops out but you need to pull on the speedo kinda hard it has some slack in it so you can pull it up a little bit it just takes time. i had to do the same to replace all the lights in my M1008's dash.

lavarok

There is a catch on the speedo cable. You have to press it in while pulling out the cable. Feel around, it is at the top of the assembly.

On the dash cluster wiring harness there are two tabs, one at the top and bottom of the plastic plug. I usually pull this once the cluster is loose and work from above, not below.

Warren Lovell

Don't be yanking on your speedo cable! You might want someone with small hands and arms. I had to lay on my back and contort. Follow the speedo cable to the back of the instrument panel. There is a spring clip at the panel. push it in and pull the cable. To reinstall, it just pushes in.
The electrical connection tabs sort of have to be disengaged at the same time. Pull the plug out straight with a little rocking.

Warren