• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dash light bulbs

rfischba1

How hard is it to change the dash light bulbs in the cucv.s can you each the turn signal bulbs from under the dash to change the little sob's
Thanks

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can reach some of these if you have small hands, but it's best to remove the cover and reach through the radio or volt meter opening for the right side. The left side you should be able to reach from the bottom.
I've installed a radio in mine and my hands are larger so it was difficult for me. I just took the instrument cluster out, cleaned everything (sand all over the place) including all of the connections and bulb holders, and replaced the bulbs so I won't have to do this again anytime soon.

pevrs114

Once you've got the dash off, it's not too much harder just to pull the whole instrument cluster. It's only 6 or 8 more screws. The hardest part for me was to unplug the speedo cable. Small hands and forearems makes it easier. Once you've got the cluster out, you can change all the bulbs at once. They take N194 bulbs. If you change the high beam indicator light, I used a blue bulb to make sure it stayed the correct color. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks