• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Davey MC-2A Air Compressor manuals

Guyfang

Staff member
I have looked on my air compressor disk, and can not find this compressor. so, is there on the data plate, a TM number? or TO number? If I had that, then I can access the LOGSA and look for it.

Naviator

I will look for it and get back with you,
thank you so much for your time it is very appreciated
talk to you later ,
thanks

Naviator

ok got,,
Stock # 4310-01-083-0818
serial # 34889
contract # FO-9603-82C-0389
REGISTRATION # 4310-83-DH4-3C4

THANKS

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are cool little machines.

I had a friend-of-a-friend say one day recently "You collect old military stuff? I've got something at my place for you".
The price was "...free, if you promise to fix it up".
Can't beat that, so fix it up I shall. Came with two extra wheels/tires and an aircraft tow-bar of some sort.

I have a raggedy paper civilian manual that came with it, looking forward to seeing a military one if y'all find it.

The stock number on mine has -082- where yours says -083-, serial #29078. Looks to be a 1980 build. It has an Onan engine, rather than a Lycoming.

Cheers

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I haven't forgot you Partner. I just got a mail from a Zoomi Senior Master Sergeant I know. Tech guy. He told me, that the air force bought lots of these things, but didnt want to spend the money to make military TM's for them. So they only had civilian tech books. If I can dig up something more, will do!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the front of the manual that came with mine, which looks like a photocopy of a photocopy. You might try contacting the folks written in pen at the bottom to see if they can help you.

Cheers

Attachments

Naviator

thanks do appreciated will try to find the complete book,
Onan was using Lycoming engine, do you have a picture of your engine
will take picture tomorrow and post it,Onan was using multiple brand of engine including Lycoming
thanks for the pictures

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do. I was saying Onan because there is one of their nameplates on the engine, just visible in the first picture. Wasn't aware that they used other folks stuff.

These are what I had in the computer, when I go out to the farm tomorrow I can take better ones, if you need them. The compressor is in a container out there awaiting it's turn in the beauty parlour. ;)

Cheers

Attachments

Naviator

cool, what you have is the Lycoming engine the spark plug give it away,those are aircraft plug and will required AVGAS 100LL fuel
the same as a Cessna 172 for best performance,,,after all they where built for the Air Force,,,

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very well! Thanks for the information. I have access to avgas, and run it in the mule, which does NOT like the alcohol besotted rubbish that comes out of regular gas pumps.

Meanwhile, if you need info out of that manual, let me know. I can check into having it copied for you if you don't find one.

Cheers

Naviator

Here is the front of the manual that came with mine, which looks like a photocopy of a photocopy. You might try contacting the folks written in pen at the bottom to see if they can help you.

Cheers
still waiting for an answer for the manual,
how many page does your booklet as,may by you can post the booklet if no problem ,
your the only one that I know who as something on that compressor,
sorry for the delay medical issue kept me down for a bit,
thanks
best for the new year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks