• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DB2829 4521 Pump Code inquiry

m1008chevy

I have been using a different calibration pump for about a year; it will work. The one I put on has small pieces of the governor floating around in the chamber, which I believe is cause it to vibrate at idle, but that is why you shouldn't purchase a used one for $60 and put it on your truck.

Chaski

The 4524 is a HMMWV pump... I think. It will have a 24v solenoid that you will need to swap with a 12v. You might also find the HMMWV pump to be pretty aggressive. I think the total advance available in that pump is quite a bit more than the one you have. The 4544 should work nicely without any issues. Why not take your pump off and take it to a repair shop? It only takes 2-3 hours to pull it if the engine compartment is clean and you have some cardboard or blankets to make it a little more comfortable for yourself. A helper to turn the crankshaft helps, but you can also guess and check.

Thomas_G

I have it off but local shops here in Houston are quoting 800-1100 to rebuild. I did notice my advance was about 1/8 inch and was going to put the 4524 same or should I cut it half (advancement that is)?

Chaski

I have it off but local shops here in Houston are quoting 800-1100 to rebuild. I did notice my advance was about 1/8 inch and was going to put the 4524 same or should I cut it half (advancement that is)?
That is way too high... unless it includes a new head and rotor...then it is still high.

Unscrew the top, pour out the fuel. Double bag your pump and box it up. There are plenty of good shops to ship it to. I have had good and economical results with Redding fuel injection in Redding CA. I have had then do a couple db2 pumps for me and a Cat D4 pump. I have also heard good things about Conestoga Diesel Injection. Google both and give them a call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks