• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decided on a future purchase of a Deuce (live in MI)

ATPTac

Not to be the stereotypical "well I don't live there, BUT" guy. Check Google, there are quite a few MV places around here that aren't really advertised and you have to really dig to find them or hear about them word of mouth. Craigslist is always a good place to check, and if you want to cough up some cash check eBay, also check in on the classifieds on here on a regular basis. Unfortunately from what I've been seeing, finding a Deuce in good condition for a reasonable price is starting to become a thing of the past. They aren't really coming out of GL auctions anymore, or at least not in any substantial numbers. So the ones on the market are pretty much what's available, that's where the whole supply and demand thing comes into play...

I'm sure someone from your area that's on the forum will have some better advice for local dealers or sales. I was just giving some general search options that I used when buying our Deuce.

Good luck to ya!

KevinR68

Thanks for the reply ATPTac, I actually have to travel North today and check on my cottage so I might stop at a big surplus store in Clare MI called General Jim's - they have a Selection of trucks for sale, some A2s and A3s and I believe a few 5 tons so that might be a good starting point. Have been by the place many times but never stopped because I usually have all 4 dogs with me.

ATPTac

That definitely sounds like a good place to start. Bear in mind that most places like that TYPICALLY (but not always) have higher prices. But at the very least you can go browse around and look at them and potentially drive one. Also, make sure you do your research on whats involved in maintaining these trucks before buying one. If not you can easily get overwhelmed after purchasing one and realizing whats in store and the cost involved. It also helps being mechanically inclined as well, I personally would hate to have to pay someone some asinine labor rate to do simple maintenance.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Jeff @ General Jims has several trucks, all sizes.
also see Dennis @ Meyer Military Trucks in Copemish
see his ads on Northern Michigan craigslist an SS member from yer neck of the woods bought one from him a while back.

Heath_h49008

I got mine from Dennis in Copemish. He has a number to pick from, and support parts.

Good guy to deal with. Tell me what you want, and what you expect to pay, and we can go from there.

Ugly (former fire truck instead of pretty green) $3500 wo/winch. Winch trucks start around $5000 and are made pretty. There are more options and if you want to give him a call 231-378-2945 he's there right now.

He stands behind what he sells, and that matters.... a lot.

KevinR68

Thanks Heath I have seen his ads on Craigslist and have been wanting to head out his way. I have a brother and sister-in-law who live in Manistee and the know exactly where his place is. Will keep that in mind.

KevinR68

Thank you Bob H and Wreckerman - will definitely check these leads, I was going to stop at General Jim's today but now heading up to Gaylord to check the cottage tomorrow instead - will stop by on the way up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks