• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decoding my VIN #

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am ready to send the paperwork off to GL for the form 97 but I still need to come up with a year of manufacture. This is what I have to work with

ID # 1040 - 11507
Contract # DAAE07 - 85 - C - J047
USAF 89K 398
Warranty date 5-89

Anyone want to take a shot at it? Mr. Doyle said that the last rolled off the line in 1987? Seems this truck is later than 1987 - Any help would be appreciated.
Also whats the Gross Vehicle Weight on the M35A2C?
Thanks
Walter Keller

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Your truck is a 1989 model by the registration number - which would make it among the last of the trucks built. A couple of errors were in the article - which were corrected in the next issue of the magazine - but the on-line copy is the original version.

HTH,
David Doyle

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say if the warranty start date is in '85, it's an '85. From the 10, empty wt, 13,720, max. payload, 5000.

acetomatoco

The 85 is the contract # and it could take many years to complete a contract. The 89 is the year of mfg as far as the AF was concerned... The weight of the M35A2C with winch is 13700 lbs and with the on road capacity of 10000 lbs the GVW is 23700 lbs. Remember that the 2 1/2 ton rating is off road.

acetomatoco

Airforce weights will vary a few lbs from published values due to specialized equipment such as the straight stack exhaust and paint color and maybe air assisted power steering...etc.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help - I sure would like to know how close to the end of the line my truck was. I suppose AM General wont give up info on production.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks