• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Decoding truck unit markings

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a source/site that can decifer the unit numbers on my duece? I would like a little more information about my truck.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be S-S member, "medlog" or others, but he, "wears the hat!" (Just check out his avatar)!

He actually works the serial numbers and info from the dash plates. As said above, post up your bumper numbers here, and you will find answers.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
38th infantry division, 138th signal battalion, headquarters and headquarters company vehicle # 24.

there ya go

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, that was fast! If the truck was bought from GL in IN., that means it was from that base? Army? Any way to get depot info?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oh btw they are in Anderson, Indiana and are part of the IN Army National Guard. The commanders favorite color is blue, the 1st SGT is kinda set on purple. The supply sergeant for the unit likes donuts and coffee with 3 surgars and 2 creams. personnel NCOIC is single and likes quiet evenings at home, dinner by the great lakes, and men who aren't afraid to cry.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Depot info??

Allow me to enlighten you. DRMO is a regionally based system. This means the crap comes from all over to the DRMO that best supports the customer which is not always the nearest one. The truck was kept in Anderson or at the National Guard MATES site which is like a large storage facility for the truck. Based on the bumper #'s though, I think it was kept at the unit.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't you know by now.....

I'm CARNAC....SERIOUSLY. Just ask anyone else on this website. rofl

Here I'll ask:

Doghead---Who am I?

lmmfao

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks