• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Defrost/windshield fogging issues

res0wc18

Well after three years took out my 68 in the first winter storm.

I have the fuel fired heater inside and it's toasty but the defrost is simply routed up a hose near the windshield but there is not a plenum or duct to force it to blow on the windshield to actually defrost etc.

Was there ever a duct plenum in these?

If not the only other thing I can think of would be a fan like in a school bus?20161211_1424511.jpg20161211951424291.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

That looks like a fun day out. We USED to get that "white stuff" fall from the sky...So..Many years ago!.
The ones used in Korea had full heaters and de misters as I recall. But it should be easy to *fabricate some ducting. Which I believe (tubing) *ran along the top of the dash close to the glass. With slots.

res0wc18

Well we have a few options here gentlemen.<br />
<br />
I found these from maradyne.<br />
http://maradynemobile.com/product/2454-1/<br />
<br />
There is also the option of some one who has the proper M715 defrost nozzles to take good pictures and measures for me to reproduce them on my 3D printer, or someone could loan me a set and I could reverse engineer them and 3D print some replicas for all to try at cost. I would be willing to absorb the engineering R&D cost if someone could provide them.<br />
<br />

res0wc18

Got a hold of VPW. All gone. Gonna call every surplus place I can think of.<br />
<br />
After talking to mike at VPW he said that if he had a pair to loan to me to recreate and 3D print he would in a heartbeat.<br />
<br />
So looks like I need to find a set to reverse engineer, or the photo and pictures method.<br />
<br />
It sounds like it would be good to have 10 sets or so of these on hand to be able to sell to fellow owners.<br />
<br />

bert2368

Electric defrosters???

I wanted to just go quick & dirty, find a 24 Volt electric auxilary defroster for our M35A2, which has no heater (it is only -4F this morning, it will be -19F here tomorow night...).

As much fun as it would be to go and scrounge scrap yards, wrench on fuel lines, be totally authentic- I need to just use the truck safely, and it fogs up as soon as I stick my head in the cab.

Any recomendations? Cheap-O chinese ones on eBay/Amazon, or anything better, more durable (safer!) that is easily available???

Here is an example of el cheap-O-Chinese, about 200 W?

https://www.amazon.com/TargetEvo-Po...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R3C6VJY1GAEMFP7BFYT3

61S4wLvp+aL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

CMPPhil

Love seeing people enjoy their MVs in the snow

Hi

Great to see M715 being enjoyed in the snow. Wonder if the big grin on the driver help cause windshield fogging?

None of my three MVS evan have heaters so I've been using RainX inside and out for years with good results. But then again almost never drive with the side curtians so there is lots of air flow.

Cheers Phil

m715

I have been down this path before.I could not find the m715 or m725 defroster. I found a old shop vac and modified it. I have a m715 defroster in my shop somewhere I can try to find it and post a pic if it will help you.

res0wc18

All

The source I had for OEM defrost nozzles has backed out of sending me one so I csn reverse engineer them.... :(

Unless one of you can supply me one I will not be able to go forward with this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks